Dermal Fillers in Dentistry
ONLINE + WORKSHOP : $2,995 inc GST
Time: 8:30am to 5pm
LOCATION: 3 Belmore Rd, Balwyn North VIC 3104, Australia
This course has been specifically developed for dentists, by dentists. This course aims to cover the most common applications of the use of Dermal Fillers in dentistry.
This is an advanced skill that will set you apart from most other dentists out there. More and more patients are wanting volume enhancements to achieve a more desirable smile. More of these patients are choosing to see a dentist for this treatment specifically for their lips and perioral regions due to their confidence in the dentist’s knowledge of these areas. This skill draws on the medical and artistic knowledge of the practitioner and it is a very rewarding experience when you can help the patient achieve something they desire.
This course includes both an online and practical component. The online module will need to be completed before attending the practical workshop. The workshop will take place over one day. The aim of this is to take as little time out of your daily schedule and have small trainer:learner ratios to accelerate your learning. The workshop will re-iterate the important theoretical knowledge but most of the time will be spent on direct hands-on approach with consulting, obtaining informed consent and injecting techniques on your model. You will be asked to bring your own models for injecting and dermal fillers will be available for purchase at cost price for use on your models during the workshop. All models will be pre-screened prior to coming for the practical for suitability by our trainer.
By the end of this workshop, you will be ready to start your career in dermal fillers, a truly rewarding journey.
- Understanding relevant lower facial anatomy
- Skin ageing and facial changes
- How dermal fillers work
- Dermal Filler selection for different applications
- Learning appropriate patient selection
- Conducting the appropriate consultation with patient
- How to obtain informed consent
- Medical photography – before and after
- Injection techniques
- Know the plane for depositing the filler
- Know how to use needles and cannulas and when to use which technique
- Areas of injection covered – lips (including philtral columns), oral commissures, chin and introduction to nasolabial folds.
- Dealing with complications and side effects and how to avoid them
All course participants in Australia must hold a valid AHPRA registration. If you are thinking of doing our course with one of our overseas partners, please check with local medical registering bodies regarding any credentials that you may need to hold before enrolling in our courses.
* One Full Day FACE-TO-FACE workshop with hands-on training