Accredited Laser Safety
Course Dates: 02.03.2019 (SOLD OUT) | 13.04.2019 | 01.06.2019
Price : $590
This accredited laser safety course comprises of an online theory and a practical component. The practical component comprises of a one day workshop with an experienced trainer. The aim of this course is to equip you with fundamentals of operating a medial laser or IPL machine safely as well as have a basic understanding of which machine is best suited for which type of patient and/or treatment option(s).
In some states, this course is a requirement before you are able to work with lasers so please check the requirements of your state. Upon completion of this course, you are able to operate medical lasers/IPL in the Australian states of Victoria, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia, Northern Territory, Western Australia and Queensland.
This course is a prequisite before embarking on other laser/IPL courses.
- Basic principles of LASER and its interaction with biological matter
- General medical physics and operation of medical lasers
- Understanding the common jargon used in medical lasers and IPL
- Medical applications of laser and IPL
- Brief guide to medical lasers and IPL
- Medical laser vs IPL
- Interaction of laser radiation and IPL with tissue
- Medical laser classification systems
- Exercising LASER safety
- Meets general Australian
- Safety Standards requirement
- Effective safety measures to reduce complications
- Beauty therapists
Each participant’s online modules access will remain active for 12 weeks for them to pass the online quiz to get the certificate
6 – 8 hours of online learning time
* One Full Day FACE-TO-FACE workshop with hands-on training