Accredited Laser Safety
Cosmetic Institute of Australia is now Aesthetic and Skin Institute
Please visit our new website and explore the updated course www.aestheticsandskininstitute.com
This accredited laser safety course comprises of an online theory and a practical component. The practical component comprises of a one day workshop with an experienced trainer. The aim of this course is to equip you with fundamentals of operating a medial laser or IPL machine safely as well as have a basic understanding of which machine is best suited for which type of patient and/or treatment option(s).
In some states, this course is a requirement before you are able to work with lasers so please check the requirements of your state. Upon completion of this course, you are able to operate medical lasers/IPL in the Australian states of Victoria, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia, Northern Territory, Western Australia and Queensland.
This course is a prequisite before embarking on other laser/IPL courses.
- Basic principles of LASER and its interaction with biological matter
- General medical physics and operation of medical lasers
- Understanding the common jargon used in medical lasers and IPL
- Medical applications of laser and IPL
- Brief guide to medical lasers and IPL
- Medical laser vs IPL
- Interaction of laser radiation and IPL with tissue
- Medical laser classification systems
- Exercising LASER safety
- Meets general Australian
- Safety Standards requirement
- Effective safety measures to reduce complications
- Beauty therapists
6 – 8 hours of online learning time
* One Full Day FACE-TO-FACE workshop with hands-on training